Historically, contracts have been considered to be the legally-binding and cornerstone agreements for undertaking any business transaction. Even today, they form the basis of any legal business activity and hence are considered to be of paramount importance.
A contract is essential for any business to carry out tasks like employing people, working with suppliers, renting an office space or leasing of equipment. A poorly drafted or incomplete document can spell disaster in terms of high litigation costs, long-drawn court battles and other penalties. This is why it is always prudent to hire the services of a credible professional for the purpose of drawing business contracts to avoid any future hassles.
At Shah Grossi, we not only specialize in the drafting of business contracts but also our expertise lies in skillful negotiations and reviewing of the said contracts. We take our client’s requirements into serious consideration. Hence, we arrive at the best possible solutions for them, all the while ensuring complete legal compliance.
A Legal Contract
The definition of contracts is quite generic in nature and they can be either written or verbal in nature. However, for contracts to be legally-binding in nature, they need to fulfill two very specific requirements:
- All parties involved in the contract must be in complete agreement and
- There must be an exchange of a service, product or something else of value in the process.
Almost all business contracts in the modern world are explicit and written in nature.
Contract Types Handled by Us
With the above points in mind, contracts can be of various types and we specialize in most of them. Some of the types of contracts that we work includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Contracts for the purchase and sale of products and services between companies or individuals and drafting of appropriate sales contracts for salespersons and representatives.
- Agreements about intellectual property usage and licensing agreements. These can be for properties like software, operating systems, and procedures, design of logos and trademarks.
- We draw Letters of Intent (LOI) and related proposals that require the engagement of the parties before the actual contract.
- Contracts for buying and selling of business shares or of the business itself for corporations. These can be in various fields like health care, insurance, retail, restaurants, and franchises.
- Non-compete agreements that help businesses to not lose their exclusive clients to competitors when employees leave their organization to join others.
- Contracts for real estate investments that allow the formation of limited liability companies (LLC) and other types of corporations.
- Severance and release contracts that require the reviewing and negotiations of existing contracts involving both parties i.e the employer and the employee.
- Contracts for constructions like the review of commercial or residential buildings. We also represent builders during the drafting process of said construction contracts.
- Purchase and sales agreements for real estate which also includes reviewing the title reports and insurance commitments and conducting any required closings.
As already mentioned, the experts at Shah Grossi handle the drafting, reviewing and necessary negotiation of contracts. Our notary in-office service is especially helpful in this regard. We make sure that our contracts are well written and legally enforceable. At the same time, we cover all the bases in order to avoid any future legal ramifications.
Sometimes two parties involved in a contract may require to get out of the same. It can be for reasons like avoiding a non-compete clause. In such cases, Shah Grossi can help you with the negotiation process so that you receive a proper and fair termination agreement. We offer our services while keeping the client’s best interests in mind.
How Can We Help You?
Whether you are just starting with your business venture or looking to take your company to the next level, you will need iron-clad and legally-binding contracts to help you in the process. And the importance of having an experienced legal expert by your side cannot be stressed enough. Especially, if you want to steer clear of any hassles down the road.
Shah Grossi can help you out regarding all your contract requirements and handhold you during the entire process.
To learn more about our services or for a consultation, please contact us at (213) 927-6980.