California Western School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2005, Academic Merit Scholarship, Academic Achievement Award for Legal Skills, Dean’s Honor List
University of Arizona, Tucson, B.S. Business Management, 2001
HONORS AND AWARDS:
While attending California Western School of Law, Logan M. Fairfax was a clerk at the law firm of Gilbert, Kelly, Crowley & Jennett in San Diego, CA. There, he assisted clients in responding to discovery, drafted several motions for complex litigation issues, and helped advise institutional insurance clients regarding the best course of action to avoid litigation. Mr. Fairfax completed a wide variety of legal research projects for multiple attorneys, including premises liability issues, construction defect litigation, and automobile insurance matters.
After graduating law school and passing the bar, Mr. Fairfax worked as an associate attorney at Stutz, Artiano, Shinoff & Holtz in San Diego, CA. During that time, Mr. Fairfax was substantially involved in advising the San Diego Community College District on numerous matters, including the bidding process for public works projects, leasing surplus real property, and reviewing bonds and other documents as to form and legality. He also advised the City of Murrieta as Deputy City Attorney on many issues, including Brown Act compliance, the propriety of adopting ordinances to resolve constituent concerns, and construction projects and city growth. Mr. Fairfax also represented several mid-sized businesses, including restaurants, swimming pool companies, and online start-ups. He helped a large Southern California restaurant franchisee successfully defend complex meal and rest period class action claims. He also drafted the prevailing motion in a complex wage and hour class action lawsuit involving novel issues of paying wages for on-site employee training time, effectively saving his mid-sized business client many thousands of dollars.
Mr. Fairfax next joined the prestigious San Diego law firm of Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps (now Dentons) where he drafted private placement memorandums and ancillary deal documents for tenant-in-common real estate syndications, debt offerings, and REIT ventures under Regulation D (primarily Rule 506). He also structured entity formations for complex private debt and equity investments, and advised clients on the complex regulatory schemes involving FINRA and the SEC. Logan M. Fairfax advised several sponsors of private placement securities offerings on tax implications and management structures of various deal types, and he drafted complex limited liability company and limited partnership agreements and subscription agreements for multi-state securities offerings. Throughout these regulated business transactions, Mr. Fairfax worked closely with banks, escrow agents, broker-dealers, and lead underwriters in connection with complex financing arrangements, advised clients on proper internal structures to ensure compliance, and he drafted hundreds of documents to properly reflect the terms of each unique deal structure.
In 2013, Mr. Fairfax founded the law firm of Logan Fairfax Law, where he focuses on transactional matters for his business clients. From joint venture arrangements to purchase/sale agreements, Mr. Fairfax guides companies and entrepreneurs through the complexities of their projects and operations, focusing on solutions and simplicity at all costs. Mr. Fairfax has helped dozens of businesses with their formation needs, governing documents, trademark applications, lease negotiations, employment contracts, and other issues critical to maintaining compliance with applicable laws and achieving sustainable growth. He also helped a client arbitrate a multi-million-dollar case under American Arbitration Association rules involving securities sold online without proper disclosures or licenses. From complex to seemingly simple legal matters, Mr. Fairfax provides robust and comprehensive representation for each case. In his free time, Mr. Fairfax trains jiu-jitsu and currently holds the rank of purple belt.
Logan M. Fairfax, Esq. is proud to be affiliated with Shah Grossi, P.C., and he brings over 12 years of experience as a practicing attorney to each matter evaluated.
To contact Mr. Fairfax, please call (213) 927-6980 or email [email protected].
- Corporate counsel to several businesses, assisting with joint venture agreements, purchase/sale agreements, business formations, trademark applications, lease negotiations, risk management advice, employment agreements, and other matters
- Negotiated and drafted numerous joint venture agreements for debt and equity financing of several successful businesses
- Worked on multi-million-dollar California intra-state securities offering for upstart venture
- Drafted PPMs and ancillary deal documents for tenant-in-common real estate syndications, debt offerings, and REIT ventures under Regulation D (primarily Rule 506)
- Structured entity formations for complex private debt and equity investments, and advised clients on complex regulatory schemes, including interactions with FINRA and the SEC
- Arbitrated multi-million-dollar case under American Arbitration Association rules involving securities sold online without proper disclosures or licenses
- Advised sponsors of private placement securities offerings on tax implications and management structures of various deal types
- Drafted LLC and LP agreements and subscription agreements for multi-state securities offerings, including ensuring compliance with blue sky procedures
- Worked with banks and escrow agents in connection with complex financing arrangements, advised clients on proper internal structures, and drafted loan documents for complex real estate transactions
- Advised California nonprofit public benefit corporation through incorporation and receipt of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, and served as general counsel for several years
- Assisted several REITs on portfolio management and financing options
- Assisted multinational real estate holding company with reorganization under bankruptcy
- Assisted high net worth client with comprehensive review of offshore asset protection strategies for diverse asset portfolio
- Assisted client in recovering insurance monies covered by policy
- Lead associate on debenture securities offering for high net worth individuals, and drafted all deal documents
- Worked with broker-dealers and lead underwriters to facilitate deal terms suitable for evolving markets for complex real estate transactions
- Substantially involved in advising the San Diego Community College District on numerous matters, including the bidding process for public works projects, leasing surplus real property, reviewing surety bonds and other documents as to form and legality, purchasing property, and developing new due process procedures for the substitution of subcontractors
- Substantially involved in advising the City of Murrieta as Deputy City Attorney on many issues, including Brown Act compliance, the propriety of adopting ordinances to resolve constituent concerns, and provided legal counsel on construction projects and city growth
- Provided employment related legal guidance to national pool and spa company to avoid costly litigation
- Revised numerous board policies and procedures for local public education institutions
- Advised local school district on propriety of developer fee program to raise capital
- Revised entire employee manual for successful Southern California restaurant
- After taking numerous depositions, drafting a persuasive cross-complaint, and prevailing on key motions to compel discovery documents, settled lawsuit on behalf of a community college district for a waiver of costs where resident at nursing facility fell from bed and passed away, saving the district from a significant potential loss
- Drafted prevailing MSJ in complex wage and hour class action lawsuit involving novel state law issue of paying wages for on-site training time
- Substantially assisted drafting prevailing MSJ in whistle-blower, constructive termination, and retaliation lawsuit brought by ex-employee of local school district
- Substantially involved in successfully defending complex meal and rest period class action lawsuit against large Southern California restaurant franchise.
ARTICLES AND NEWS
California Employment Laws: Changes for 2023
Overview: New employment laws in California are here, with topics ranging from bereavement leave to cannabis use. Here’s a quick rundown: AB 1041: [...]
The Post-COVID Business Climate: Manifest Your Destiny as Restaurateur
Overview: Yes, we know COVID isn’t over yet. However, it looks to be on a significant downturn and will hopefully be in our [...]
Los Angeles County COVID Rules – January 2022 Employment Update
Overview: Per the latest COVID-19 health order of the LA County Department of Public Health dated January 10, 2022 (the “Health Order”), there [...]